What is @Home?
INTERDISCIPLINARY ACTION-RESEARCH PLATFORM
@Home is an interdisciplinary action-research platform that tackles the matter of home as a concept, as a practice and as a process, focussing in particular on the EU-MENA region.
Our work develops through a continuous feedback between practice and theory, with a vocation for learning by doing, collective creation of knowledge, teaching and formation at all levels.
@Home is a rhyzomatic structure operating through a flexible network of partner offices and experts selected from different fields from the professional, institutional and academic environment, spanning from Architecture and Planning, to Economics, Law, Environmental Studies, Engineering, Political Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Phylosophy.
Our mission is to rethink and reframe the concept of Home in diverse contexts, delving into the conflicts triggered by the processes of claiming and establishing a home (a personal or collective one), in the frame of the major socio-spatial reshuffle that brings different cultures to co-inhabit together and create a sense of home.
FIELDS OF ACTION
Our fields of interest entail:
- Displacement, homelessness, temporarinesses and refuge
- Home as sense of belonging (to a nation, an ethnic/cultural group, a territory or a homeland -actual or imagined)
- Domesticity and the material culture of the home
- Homing the city (urban scale)
Our services include:
- the organisation of urban labs in cooperation with local stakeholders, professional
- consultancy on socio-spatial issues transformations
- tutoring to higher research in the academy
- teaching activities
- organisation of events and workshops
- facilitation in participate processes
- support and cultural mediation in intercultural contexts.